200 Hour Certification: Modular Training
Modular Training is made up of two parts, or modules: Basic Training (6 weekend modules) and Advanced Training Retreat (1-week-long retreat module). This training offers the opportunity to spread your time commitment over the course of 7 months*. Completion of both Basic Training and the Advanced Training Retreat are required for those seeking 200-hour RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) Certification. You are also welcome to take either program for personal study if teaching and/or certification are not a concern. Whatever level of commitment you or training you choose, the Modular Training offers excellent opportunities to deepen your yogic knowledge and self-study in a supportive community.
*Most students take Basic Training first, immediately followed by the Advanced Training Retreat, but participants may change the order, or take a year or more between the two modules.
The 8 Limbs Basic Training is comprised of six intensive weekends with reading and writing assignments to supplement and specialize class hours. Included in the program (approximate hours):
- 120+ hours of study and practice:
- 50 hours Asana and Pranayama
- 25 hours Anatomy and Physiology
- 30 hours Art of Teaching/Teaching Practice
- 15 hours Philosophy, Chanting & Yogic Lifestyle
- 8 Limbs Teacher Training Manual
- 3-6 hours per week reading and homework
- Unlimited Membership at all 8 Limbs Yoga Centers studios during training: October 1 – March 15.*
* This includes the February 28-day Commitment Program.
2018/2019 Basic Training Dates
- October 12 – 14, 2018
- November 9 – 11, 2018
- November 30 – December 2, 2018
- January 11 – 13, 2019
- February 8-10, 2019
- March 1-3, 2019
- Friday: 9:00am – 4:30pm (Phinney Ridge)
- Saturday: 12:15-7:00pm (Phinney Ridge)
- Sunday: 9:00am – 4:30pm (Capitol Hill)
Venue: 8 Limbs Phinney Ridge
- Anne Phyfe Palmer, E-RYT 500, RPYT
- Melina Meza, E-RYT 500,
- Chiara Guerrieri, E-RYT 500
- Jenny Hayo, E-RYT 500
More Info and Registration: www.8limbsyoga.com
ADVANCED TRAINING RETREAT
The Advanced Training Retreat goal is to broaden the field of practice for each participant while encouraging yoga practice as a means to discover and fulfill one’s dharma, or purpose. A residential retreat, with healthy food, old-growth forest, thermal baths, sauna, and the nurturing qualities of Breitenbush, offers an ideal environment to enhance your growth as a wholesome yogi/yogini.
This training may be taken as PART TWO of the 8 Limbs Teacher Training Program or as a personal retreat. Teacher Training participants will have advance reading and presentations during the retreat that are optional for other participants.
This 7-day training will offer a spectrum of subjects:
- Advanced Art of Teaching: Sequencing & Pranayama
- Anatomy Workshops
- In-depth Study of Yoga Philosophy
- Student Observation & Diagnosis
- Holistic Living as a Yoga Teacher
- Supportive Adjustments
- The Science of Ayurveda
- Introduction to Pre/Postnatal Yoga
Our aspiration is that you will blossom into an elegant teacher that will continue to inspire others to the yogic principals of peace, compassion and oneness.
Schedule: Friday, April 6 – Friday, April 13, 2018
Venue: Breitenbush Hot Springs, Detroit, Oregon
- Chiara Guerrieri, E-RYT 500
- Melina Meza, E-RYT 500
More Info and Registration: www.breitenbush.com
Advanced Yoga Retreat Schedule
There are no upcoming events at this time.